Be one of five of the lucky contestants who will get as much books as they want. Join Fully Booked’s Book Grab 2011.
- Anyone who is a resident of Metro Manila can get a chance to become one of the Fully Booked Book Grab contestants. The applicant only needs to submit a completely filled up entry form. The entry form can be downloaded here.
- The complete entry form may be dropped off at Fully Booked BHS branch until the closing of the branch at 12:00 MIDNIGHT on July 22, 2011.
- On July 27, 2011 Fully Booked will draw the five (5) lucky entries. The draw will be held at the Marketing Office of Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street branch at 6:00 PM. A DTI-NCR representative will be invited to be present during the drawing of the contestant line-up.
- A back-up of five (5) entries shall be selected in the event that any or all of the initially drawn winners cannot join the race for any reason whatsoever.
- Fully Booked will notify the chosen winners via registered mail, email or phone call.
- Once a confirmation has been received from the official contestants, the announcement of winners will be made via the Fully Booked e-Zine, Fully Booked website, Facebook and Twitter.
- The decision of Fully Booked shall be deemed final and cannot be contested.
- Book Grab slots are non-transferable and may not be converted to cash.
- Fully Booked shall not shoulder transportation and accommodation for contestants.
- A formal briefing of the contestants shall be scheduled on July 30, 2010 at 3:00 PM. If a contestant cannot join the briefing for any reason whatsoever, he/she will be automatically disqualified from joining the race.
- The race will be held on August 6, 2011 (Saturday) at 4:00pm at the Atrium of Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street.
- Employees of Fully Booked and their relatives up to 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from joining.
- The Atrium of Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street will be the main venue for the Book Grab race, happening on August 6, 2011 at 4:00 PM.
- The starting line will be at the main entrance of the store. Once the go signal is given, contestants will start from the store entrance and race towards the Atrium to grab as many books as they can. Marshalls will be posted at strategic points from the store entrance to the Atrium where the main Book Grab activity will be held. This is to ensure safety of all contestants.
- Contestants will be given only two (2) minutes to grab as many books as they can.
- Each contestant will be assigned a station where they will check in their grabbed books. Contestants can only check in at their assigned station.
- Contestants may either use their hands to carry the books, or use the provided cart. If they decide to use the cart, they must empty it out on their assigned station within the 2-minute period.
- Once the time is up, the Fully Booked staff shall proceed with counting the books.
- One book is equal to one (1) point.
- The top grabber will be the contestant with the most number of points.
- In the event that a contestant grabs a book from a pile/shelf that is not part of the Book Grab area, he/she will be penalized by way of subtracting two (2) books from his/her pile for every one (1) wrong book taken off the unauthorized shelf/shelves. Thus a total of three (3) books will be returned: the unauthorized book, plus two penalty books. The contestant chooses which books shall be removed.
- In the event that a contestant fails to empty out the cart in his/her assigned station, the books inside the cart will not be counted.
- Dropped books are not counted.
- Books that do not reach the assigned station once the time is up are not counted
- An additional bonus point will be given for every book with a special sticker on the cover.
- All contestants of the race get to keep their books and bring them home on the same day.