Mr. Fitz Villafuerte of Ready To Be Rich has kindly permitted me to repost his great article on reliable group buying websites in the Philippines. Group buying is a great way to save money. You have to resist temptation most of the time though. Don’t participate in a group buy when you don’t really need that particular service or product just because the deal is too good to miss. You’ll just end up with more unnecessary expenses that way. I’m a member of most of them but I only bought once. Fitz himself tried to verify all of the list below.
I will be updating this from time to time.
Group buying, social buying, collective online buying, crowd buying – they all mean one thing. It’s getting deals and discounts through the power of bulk buying.
This is not your typical mall sale promotion, but really BIG online discounts with deals going up as high as 90% off the original price.
Seriously, if you’re planning to buy some new clothes, get a new gadget, dine in an expensive restaurant, stay in a five-star hotel, experience that luxurious massage or anything and everything else – it pays to visit these group buying websites first and see if they have the right deal for you.
Below now is a complete list of all the group buying websites available for Pinoys. While most of them cater to the residents of Metro Manila, some do have deals available for those in other parts of the country like Cebu, Davao and others.
So are you ready to do some online deals shopping?
Here they are in alphabetical order:
List of Group Buying Websites in the Philippines
Explanation of statuses:
- Verified – Active: At least two people I know have bought deals from the site AND experienced NO problems; and there’s a current deal being offered OR the last deal offered was not more than a month ago.
- Unverified – Active: I personally don’t know anyone who successfully bought deals from the website; however there’s a current deal being offered OR the last deal offered was not more than a month ago.
- Verified – Inactive: At least two people I know have bought deals from the site AND experienced NO problems; but the last deal they offered was more than a month ago. If they remain inactive for two months, they will become “Unverified”.
- Unverified – Inactive: You probably already know what this means. I advise that you avoid these websites.
- Launching Soon: Check them out as they probably have a promo for people who will sign up prior to their official launch.
Date of Last Update of this list: February 6, 2011
Originally posted here.