A few months ago, I was invited to the launch of GCASH’s ATM Card. I use Gcash for my Multiply store and when I buy from ebay.ph and Multiply so I took advantage of this opportunity to know more about Globe GCASH’s new service.
G-Xchange Inc (GXI), the wholly-owned mobile commerce subsidiary of Globe Telecom, broke new ground when it launched the GCASH card which gives its subscribers 24/7 access to their GCASH wallets. The card allows users to withdraw or cash-out funds via any of the 9,000 Bancnet, Megalink, ExpressNet or Encash Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) nationwide! Although there’s a P20.00 fee per transaction, the convenience this new service provides is worth it. Before, I had to go to Globe to cash-out payments made to me and that also cost me P10 per transaction. Another advantage of this new service is the availability of ATMs in rural communities.
The GCASH card is customizable. I was delighted to see my GCASH card when it arrived two weeks ago.
Isn’t it nice? I provided the photo during the event. I also have a less dramatic 1 x 1 photo at the back of the card. There’s a photo at the back because the card also serves as an ID which can be presented to any Globe Store of GCASH payout outlet. If you want to apply for your own customized GCASH card, here’s how:
- Head over to http://www.globe.com.ph/gcashcard and fill up the application form.
- Upload your photo and choose your design. There are pre-made templates or you can use the whole photo for the card just like what I did.
- Upon submission of the form, GCASH automatically sends an SMS to your number to confirm the application.
- Reply with your MPIN to complete the transaction and allow GCASH to collect P100.00 for the application processing, production and delivery.
- A reference number will be given on the success page upon confirmation of the payment.
Whether you are an online seller or just buy items online from time to time, I recommend GCASH and the GCASH Card for hassle-free and instant transactions. Also, if you are an OFW and would like to remit money to relatives in the Philippines, GCASH also has GCASH Remit with over 18,000 Remit outlets nationwide.